Jun 1, 2013

Short Trip - Tauranga & Coromandel

Two weeks ago, I had a short trip with my friends on Saturday and Sunday. The destination was Tauranga & Coromandel in North Island. The both are not so far from Auckland and it took approximately 3.5 hours from Auckland to Tauranga by car. We left Auckland on Saturday morning and the weather was quite nice. To tell the truth, I didn't expect that the weather would be fine because it had been rainy in Auckland and especially on Friday, the day before the leaving, it was raining a lot. Fortunately, however, it was sunny on the day. Although it rained sometimes on the way to Tauranga, we could spend really good time in the main beach with really great weather. Moreover the next day in Cormandel was as fine weather as the day in Tauranga. We were really lucky. I realized how amazing the nature in New Zealand is once again.

By the way, I drove a car on the way back to Auckland on Sunday. It was the first time for me to drive in New Zealand. Actually the traffic rule is almost same as Japan, so I could do relatively easily. The only problem was that it was raining a lot and I didn't know the way. (Although we had GPS and I could manage to get to Auckland, I wish I should have known the way to some extent.)

Needless to say, our trip was absolutely fantastic. I can't help but being thankful for all my friends who attended the trip. It was really great experience and I will never forget it.



No comments:

Post a Comment