Jun 22, 2013

Adidas Auckland Marathon

I registered to Adidas Auckland Marathon which will be held on 3 Nov 2013. Actually I was not planning to participate in this marathon because I had already run Rotorua Marathon and I was satisfied with the fact that I experienced marathon in New Zealand. What made me to register to Auckland Marathon is that I lost the objective. I had barely run since Rotorua Marathon. Of cource I like to run and I want to practice everyday even if there is not a race. But I realized that it is so difficult to motivate myself to keep running without the goal. I definitely need to decide where I am going for. I want running to be a part of my life. I never want to give up running because basically I like it and I need it. Recently I have been making excuses not to run as it has been cold enough to make me stop running. But I dared to start running again and it was so easy. Just to be cold can't be an excuse. I could get it over. I believe I can keep running from now on.

Anyway I have four months to prepare for the marathon. My objective is as same as ones in Rotorua Marathon - finish within 4:30 and never walk - and I think I can do it. Yes, I must achieve it. I have repeated same mistakes for a long time, i.e. the lack of practice. Although I know it is difficult to keep running everyday for a couple of months, I really break this bad habit.

Now I am just excited that I can try marathon here again. I hope everything will go well.

No comments:

Post a Comment