Dec 31, 2013

New Year’s Resolution

Today is the 31st of December. The year of 2013 is about to end in some hours. I want to think back to this year to make a resolution for the year of 2014.

2012, it was the year of a big decision. I quit the company I had been working for three and a half years in Japan to change myself and learn something new. This idea came up suddenly in July 2012 and it led me to make a decision soon. 

2013, it was the year of a new experience coming from this decision. Everything I have done in New Zealand this year was a stimulating experience I had never done before. That includes going to school, homestay, flat share, backpackers, travelling and working. Even though my English skills are not well enough to keep a conversation and I am still poor at communicating with others, I could spend absolutely precious time in New Zealand. All the experiences with my friends or done by myself are the important memory I will never forget. 

2014, it will be the year of a new challenge. Needless to say, 2013 was also challenging year, though, 2014 will be harder year for me. Even though life in New Zealand was a new experience, I was just a student. I always had something to do to graduate from the school. I hardly arranged what to do by myself. However, in 2014, I have got a working holiday visa so that I can work as much as I want in Australia. I need to arrange everything by myself. I have to get a job for the next career. As of now, I already got a little depressed because the situation was much harder here than I expected. It must be tough but at the same time, I was kind of exited because I can choose whatever I want to do next. I am no longer a student and I don’t have to be careful about the school schedule. As long as I have firm intention, it will be really interesting and valuable.

My new year’s resolution is not to focus on what I should do but what I want to do. If I choose what I should do, it will be a duty, not a challenge. The most important thing is to follow my intention. I want to keep this resolution in my mind all the time to make 2014 a great year.


No comments:

Post a Comment