Dec 30, 2013

Life in Waikerie

Since I arrived in Waikerie which is 2 and a half hours far from Adelaide by bus, I spent extraordinary boring time for a week. Picking work hasn't started yet because of Christmas and New year's holidays. I really have nothing to do now. I could be sick if I spend more time as same as how I spend at the moment. 

The name of backpackers where I am staying is Murray River Queen. This used to be a real boat and is actually floating on the river. It is interesting and unique. All the people staying at this backpackers are workers of orange picking who are trying to get a proof of working seasonal job for 3 months which leads them to have a right to apply for the second working holiday visa in the future. Although they are basically friendly, I can't communicate with them well because of the lack of my English skills. As there are no Asians here, I am the only one who can't speak English well. It is very tough situation.




Since this is a temporary job, I may work here for just a month or less. I am not a city boy or someone but I can't stand spending long time here. One month would be enough for me and I will move to the next city which might be Melbourne. I hope I will make enough money for the next step.   



No comments:

Post a Comment