Nov 29, 2013

What a bad way to start the day

I've so depressed this morning. While I was having breakfast, I was told that I made a mistake for the reservation. I checked the account after breakfast and it was undoubtedly my mistake. I booked a wrong room for a customer. Since our hostel was fully booked yesterday the customers seemed to get angry because they couldn't move to another room. I felt so sorry for the customers and the stuff who delt with them.

I was not supposed to work this morning, but when I was checking the system the customers who want to check out kept coming. For this reason, I worked for approximately one and a half hours with another stuff. What I got depressed more was that I couldn't deal with customers well. Firstly, I got a call from a customer who I guess is Kiwi and I couldn't get her words. Because of my lack of listening skill, she got angry and she said she wanted to talk to someone who can understand her. Secondly I was asked by a customer about a tour around Auckland. I should have been familiar with this thing because I am a receptionist and a travel consultant at the same time. However I couldn't explain to her well and she seemed to be irritated. After all she's gone to another place.

I was so terrible this morning. If I had been a customer, I would have got irritated as well. My customer service was terrible and horrible. What I could do was only a basic thing like check-in and check-out procedure. I should have learned more about Auckland or other general knowledge.

This must be a good lesson from my mistake. I need to keep it in my mind and make use of it to the next step.

No comments:

Post a Comment