Nov 21, 2013

About Adelaide

As I mentioned before, my next destination is Adelaide, South Australia. I want to write about Adelaide here.

First of all, Adelaide is the capital city of the state of South Australia where approximately 1.2 million people live and which is the fifth biggest city in Australia. Since this city is not so big compared to Sydney or Melbourne and not so popular destination for tourists compared to Cairns or Goldcoast, lots of people say "where is it?" or "I have heard the name..." though there is not much difference between Adelaide and Auckland in population-wise.

Second of all, Adelaide is known for lots of great food or wine which means there are lots of nice restaurants and wineries. It seems that there are lots of opportunities to work as a waiter or work in a factory of wine and so on although I am not really keen on these kinds of jobs.

As of I have thought in my mind, I plan to stay in Adelaide for 3 or 4 months. However if I get a job which is really good and valuable for me, I may stay there longer. Nevertheless it would be up to 6 months to work in a same place because of the visa condition. Anyway I want to visit as many places as possible since I will go to Australia which is much bigger country than New Zealand or Japan. There must be a number of places I can enjoy or have new experiences.

I feel nervous when I think about going to Australia though I feel exited at the same time. The biggest thing which makes me nervous is whether or not I can get a job and whether or not I can keep it. It must be tough for me to work in English-speaking environment, but I don't want to work in the place related to Japanese such as Japanese restaurant. I hopefully will find a place Australian owe. Anyway it is useless to think about that even though I have't been there yet. I will realize everything when I get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment