Nov 10, 2013

One more month

One more month to stay in Auckland. My new journey is almost there. I have been thinking what I learnt in this year. A year ago I quit a company I had worked for more than three years. It was a big dicision and it changed my life a lot. I didn't expect such a thought came up to me. But now, my living situation has already become usual and I don't consider it special.

I met many kinds of people I have never seen. They were always kind, cheerful and positive. They can speak English much more fluently than me and it sometimes brought me a feeling of inferiority. To be honest I still have such a feeling because my speaking skill is not well enough to keep conversation. However, I think I could improve English skills at least much better than before I came here. For example, I brought DVDs of American drama, titled "FRIENDS" which is famous for those who study English through drama. When I was in Japan, I couldn't understand what the actors/ actresses were talking about at all because they speak so fast thouth it is needless to say. At the moment, however, I can understand more than 90%. It was a huge improvement. Of course I watched for many times and I got used to know their speaking. But even if I count this fact, I am sure my listening skill must be at much higher level now. At the same time, I feel it is still not enough. If I want to get a job which is not related to Japanese speakers, I need to learn more.

Other than English, I have many things I could learn here. The diversity of cultures, the way of thinking or the way to behave was one of many things I experienced here. It was sometimes irritating and sometimes I couldn't accept it. But understanding differnt cultures is very important to be with them. In the future I want to work in a global field and I can't avoid the situation which I have to communicate with various nationalities. Considering it, staying in Auckland was very valuable for me because there are a number of immigrants. There are countless opportunities to meet them. I think I chose the best way.

I can write more about what I learnt in New Zealand, but what I mentioned above is what is important for me. I guess just a month will go by so faster than I can expect. I would like to do as many experiences as I can in the rest of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment