Mar 2, 2013

Rotorua Marathon

I registered to participate in Rotorua Marathon which will be held on 4th May. This seems to be the oldest marathon in the south hemisphere (49th in 2013). As I wanted to try overseas marathon at least once, I'm glad to have an opportunity to do it in New Zealand. 

Running is very popular sport in New Zealand. I think it's more popular than Japan even though runner population is increasing intensely in Japan. I can find running races in wide range of regions in New Zealand easily and I often see runners in many places.

I haven't run full marathon for one and a half years. After coming to New Zealand, I didn't afford to run so much. Actually I haven't run for almost 2 months. At last I started to run recently almost everyday, and I'm always running aroud Auckland Domein. Since there are a lot of places to run comfortably, I have many options to choose running courses.

Anyway, I have to prepare well to complete and to break my best record if possible.
http://www.rotoruamarathon.co.nz/

1 comment:

  1. You have experience of running 100km in Japan at shimanami sea road. Yes you can!

    ReplyDelete