Mar 1, 2013

Day12 Kaikoura

On 2nd January 2013, Lake Tekapo to Kaikoura
On this day, it was awful weather including thunder storm. After all I couldn't see the good scenery in Lake Tekapo. That was too bad.
Next destination was Kaikoura which is a town on the east coast, located 180km north of Christchurch. Whale Watching is a main activity in this town.

It got better as we got closer to the north side. It was very long trip because it took approximately 5 hours from Lake Tekapo to Kaikoura. On the way, we dropped in Christchurch to have lunch. It was a little cold and has a strong wind. Christchurch is the 3rd largest city in New Zealand. Though I didn't see the city centre, it was smaller and more quiet than Auckland.

By the way, after arriving at Kaikoura, we saw seals in the seashore.
At first I didn't notice that it was there, so I was supprised a little bit because it was very close to me when I noticed. Since it didn't move, I was not sure whether it was alive or not. But then it started to move and cry. It was the first time for me to see seals in such a close distance.







3 comments:

  1. What animal is seals? Pengin?
    I didn't hear That these animals in Japan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seals are called "Ashika" or "Azarashi" in Japan. Not Penguin!

      Delete
    2. Oh! I see! My English skill is not enough...

      Delete