Mar 17, 2013

Job interview

I had a job interview today. I applied for the position of salesperson in lighting applications retail shop. It was awful. I couldn't tell about myself at all. I'm still poor at listening and speaking in English. What a difficult they are! I'm listening to podcasts and watching movies, dramas every day. I almost focus on improving listening skills recently, but I don't feel something changed. I think working with using English is the best way to improve English skills. That's why I am looking for a part-time job. However it seems to be very difficult to find a job, especially in New Zealand company. I may get a job in Japanese restaurant or Japanese shops more easily but I want to work in local shops if possible. I must reflect on this failure and I must change myself.

4 comments:

  1. You must use local English won't you in japanese shop?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you mean "I can use English even though I work in Japanese shop."? I think so. Customers are basically kiwi, so I would use English to deal with the customers. I think I can work in Japanese shop in Japan, but I can't work in kiwi shop in Japan. There are difference between them. That's why I'm trying to work in local shop.

      Delete
  2. O.K. I have got it what have you wanted to communicate. So, Is it difficult for you to work in kiwi even though japanese shop,because you are foreign people or problem of English skill?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Working in Japanese shop is relatively easy because they need Japanese workers who can speak Engkish. Meanwhile local shop basically doesn't need foreign workers. To work in local shop, I have to have some excellent skills because English is just a disadvantage in this case.

      Delete