Mar 17, 2013

Day15 Tongariro to Auckland

On 5th January 2013, Tongariro National Park to Auckland
In the last day of the trip, our last destination was Tongariro National Park which is the New Zealand's oldest national park. This park is one of the most popular destination of travellers because it is world heritage area. Alpine Crossing is the most famous activity in this national park which take you across spectacular and unique volcanic terrain, though I didn't do it. We just walked in the short trecking cource. Fortunately it was very fine at last, I could walk with comfort. The sky was vast and clear. It was awesome.

After looking around the national park, we set off to Auckland finally. Although I sometimes felt upset and tired I could enjoy this trip a lot. The nature of South Island was much better than North Island. I strongly recommend to go to South Island if you have an opportunity to visit New Zealand. There were many things I've never experienced. I would like to thank all the persons who were involved in this trip. I have a lot of time until going back to Japan, I want to go to South Island again.









No comments:

Post a Comment