Aug 2, 2013

Underground


I have been reading "Underground" written by Haruki Murakami in English. This book is the collection of interviews of the victims in the Tokyo Gas Attack which happened on 20 March, 1995 in Japan. More than 18 years ago, this catastrophe shocked us because we did not expected that kind of terrorism had happened in Japan. And also this was just two months after the Great Hanshin Earthquake.

When the Tokyo Gas Attack happened, I was 10 years old. To be honest, I did not understand exactlly what was happening and how serious it was, though I knew something wrong was happening to some extent. And now as almost 19 years have passed since then, I didn't remember the details before reading this book at this time. It reminded me what a stupid and serious thing the Tokyo Gas Attack was. The important thing is to make this kind of terrorism never be happened.

From the point of English, it is quite nice to remember some vocabularies because this book is the collection of interviews and these are very similar stories. Therefore, I often came across same words.

It was useful for me though I haven't finished this book yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment