Aug 3, 2013

Getting warm

It has been getting warm in Auckland. Only two months are left until summer time starts. In New Zealand they use summer time from October to March instead of the standard time from April to September. They change the time one hour forward in summer time, so the time difference between New Zealand and Japan will be four hours.

As I didn't bring the jacket for winter, I am so glad that winter will end soon. It was colder than I expected and I had to be patient when I was in outside.

Moreover, there is only one public holiday in winter season which is Queen's birthday on 1st July, although there are a lot of public holidays from December to March. Basically people in New Zealand work hard in winter season and save money to enjoy a lot in summer season. I think skiing and snowboarding are the only entertainments in winter season in New Zealand, especialy very popular in South Island.

I am going to have two weeks holidays in August, but I am not planning to do anything. I probably save money because I want to travel in summer season.

If you are interested in traveling around New Zealand, please make sure to choose from December to March. This period is the best time to visit. You would be amazed with stunning scenery. 

No comments:

Post a Comment