Jul 3, 2013

Northland trip - Day 1

On 1st of July, I set off to the Northland which is located in the northern part in the North Island. I rent a car with Ace Rental Car. It was slightly cheaper than the major company like Avis or Budget, but it cost a lot because I was alone and I couldn’t share the fee with anyone. I realized that going by rental car alone is quite bad option in the point of money.
 
Anyway, my plan of the first day was to go to Waipoua Forest which is famous for the Kauri Tree. As it is winter now and I avoided a weekend, it was really quiet in the forest. Moreover it was amazingly sunny, so I could spend really great time there. The Kauri Tree was so big that I was overwhelmed. It was mysterious and fantastic.
 
After walking in the forest, I went to Bay of Islands. Many tourists usually seem to do marine activities there, but I just ended up looking around the town of Paihia and Waitangi because I didn’t want to spend so much money on these activities.

In the end, I went to Kerikeri to stay a night. It was very small town and there were only a few backpackers hostel. Actually I could find only one and it was not good for the price. I didn’t have other options, however, I stayed at the backpackers hostel.
 
The biggest problem was that I had to drive alone and it was really hard. I think I drove more than five hours in a single day. But other than that it was good and I could do quite a nice experience.

Four Sisters

Te Matua Ngahere

Tane Mahuta

No comments:

Post a Comment