Jul 5, 2013

Northland trip - Day 2

On 2nd of July, the destination of the day was Cape Reinga which is located in the northern-most in North Island. I woke up in the early morning because I was tired and I went to bed so early. I just had hamburger at McDonald and I drove to the way SH10. SH10 and SH1 are crossing in the root of the Aupouri Penisula. From the point of crossing, it took about one and a half hours to the cape. After I arrived the cape, I could see the stunning view. Regardless of the exhaustion of the drive, it was worth seeing.

After I finished seeing the Cape Reinga, all I had to do was to go back to Auckland. Actually it was the toughest thing of this trip. I stopped by Kaitaia which is a small town just 20 or 30km from the root of the peninsula. I had lunch there and I took my way to Auckland. It took approximately six hours.

I like travelling alone, but it was too hard to drive this time. I hope I can go by bus or go with someone by rental car next time.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment