May 7, 2013

Recording

I started to record how many hours I use English everyday because I was thinking how long on earth I should keep practice to achieve my goal in English learning. If I don't have the destination, I will never know how much I should spend time to learn English. Generally speaking, it seems to take at least 3000 hours to reach the level you can use English spontaneously without so much problem. I think I spent approximately 1000 hours up to now including in junior-high, high, and university, so I need to USE more 2000 hours (not only STUDY). If your goal is not to use English spontaneously, you may not need to spend 3000 hours. In my case, however, I want to use English in business situation, and I need at least more 2000 hours as I mentioned above. 2000 hours, it seems absolutely huge number. If I spend only an hour a day, it will take more than five years! On the other hand, if I spend five or six hours a day, I can achieve it within a year. To spend five hours on using English is quite tough, but it is possible for me because I am in New Zealand and I have more opportunities to use English than when I was in Japan. Needless to say, I have to make an opportunity to do it possitively because the situation I don't use English occurs very easily.

I should be careful not to have too much focus on recording because the quality of learning can be more important. 

No comments:

Post a Comment