Apr 21, 2013

"South of The Border, West of The Sun"

Recently I feel my reading skill is slightly getting better, especially in the point of speed. I read novels in English a lot. I am choosing the easy one which basically I don't need to use a dictionary. I like reading books. It develops my imagination.

Last couple of days I was reading "South of The Border, West of The Sun" witten by Haruki Murakami. The lead character of this book "Hajime" often met a woman "Shimamoto" who was his neiberhood in his youth. However after Hajime moved to the other place, though it was not so far from the place he used to live, he stopped going to her house because of his hesitation. And then he never meet her until he was thirty-seven years old when he was already married and had two children. One day Shimamoto stopped by his own bar and they met again. He was happy with his wife and children with no doubt, but after meeting her, he can never forget about her and he realized he really love her. His wife "Yukiko" noticed that he has someone else he loves. This book describes his feelings about Shimamoto and his family and the person he fell in love with in junior high.

It was a little complicated for me. I couldn't understand the expression which the lead character Hajime is feeling. Is there anybody who has a similar exprience to him? - meeting the person who really loved in the youth after getting married and fall in love again? I think there is possibility it happens, but his case is too unsusual in several phase.

At any rate, I enjoyed reading it. I'm glad to read it in Enlish so fast. It took only five days to finish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment