Jan 24, 2013

Day7 Franz Josef to Queenstown

On 28th December, Franz Josef to Queenstown.
In the morning, I got up early and tried to see the sunrise. I thought I'd like to fully enjoy the great nature as I came here paying much money. Unfortunately it was not so clear day. At first I predicted that I couldn't see the sunrise, though, it appeared for only a few minutes. It was amazing sunrise which was like a magic. I like this kind of scenery.

By the way, our next destination was "Queenstown" which is one of the most famous place for travelers in New Zealand. We stopped off at Lake Paringa and Lake Wanaka on the way. Only what I could remember regarding Lake Paringa was that there were a lot of mosquitoes. It was terrible and also  the water wasn't so good. However, Lake Wanaka was beautiful place. We had lunch at the lakeside.

We arrived at Queenstown at 4 or 5 pm. The accomdation was on the upslope place where it was hard to walk to the downtown. Moreover as a number of people were put up there, it was very noisy.
But I like this town because it was clean, idylic, quiet and beautiful. Actually this town is the second biggest city in South Island, but it was so tiny. I realized that the so-called big cites are only three (Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch) in New Zealand.

Anyway, I went to bed early in this day because I had to prepared for the next day's big activity... 

Lake Wanaka


Lake Wanaka
Lake Wanaka




No comments:

Post a Comment