Jan 6, 2013

Day1 Auckland to Wellington

On 22 December, quite a long trip started.
There were many people who joined in this trip program.
At the first of this trip we set out for Wellington, the capital city and second most populous of New Zealand. Needless to say, the most populous city is Auckland.
Since Wellington is also political centre in New Zealand, it has Parliament building, the head offices of all Govermment Ministries and Departments and has an important function in foreign diplomatic missions.

It took more than 8 hours from Auckland to Wellington.
It was very tough time for me because actually I always can't sleep well in the bus.
As such I had nothing to do, so I spent much time to listen to music.
During the driving I could see the scenery of country side which is more idyllic than I expected and there were many cows and sheep all over the regions.
They were sometimes walking around, sometimes sleeping, sometimes just standing as if they were an art.
When 3 or 4 hours passed after the setoff, it rained a lot all of a sudden.
But it stopped soon, and the good scenery spreaded widely again.
Such a changeable weather was same as Auckland.

As soon as I arrived at Wellington, I could see the beautiful sea from the window in the bus because this city locates along the coast and it has the harbor. Using the ferry in this city, we can go to the South Island.
After arrived at the accomodation, we walked around the centre of the city and we went to the supermarket to cook for dinner so as to save money.
Indeed we were sharing the dinner everyday during this trip.

Anyway I sometimes felt the difference of nationalities today.
I recognized that Japanese common sense and other countries' one is completely different.
I might have to reconsider how to get along with them.
Although that made me a little upset, I thought it was one of the important experience to communicate with the foreigners.

I thought it was important not only to just enjoy the travelling but also to learn the other culture, living, how to think, and so on because I can't get an opportunity like this for many times.
Of cource I don't and I can't change my mind easily because I'm Japanese and also I'll keep being Japanese in the future. But I can make an effort to comprehend the other nationalities.

No comments:

Post a Comment