Jan 20, 2014

United Backpackers in Melbourne

I moved to Melbourne on 18th of January.

I have been staying at United Backpackers which is located in heart of the city. This backpackers is the newest and cleanest I have ever seen. Staff are friendly and helpful. All the rooms and floors are highly secured and even bathrooms have security doors! Kitchen is also clean though it is a bit small.

Surprisingly, I got a birthday present here! Even though I just arrived at this backpackers, I got an excellent customer service. On the second day in Melbourne was my birthday. When I woke up, I saw the notice on the door which said "Dear Kyohei, when you wake up and see this notice please come to the reception....." something like that. At first I thought I did something wrong.

What did I do? ... With some nervous feelings I went to the reception and show the notice paper to the staff. Then she checked my name and said "Happy Birthday!" bringing a yellow bottle with a message saying happy birthday in Japanese. I didn't expect such an excellent service at all. What a lovely backpacker this is!


Since there are no Japanese staff here, I guess someone write this message in Japanese using Google search. I really appreciated it. 

Only the problem is that the price is extremely expensive. However every backpackers is so much expensive anyway, I think I took a right choice. I might find much cheaper hostels here but it must be disgusting. I don't want to stay dirty and low quality hostels anymore. If I spend money on a good place I can feel good and it will lead me to be more active. Eventually I can be more satisfied.

Due to this cost problem, I can't stay here for a long time. I am looking for an apartment to live by myself. No matter how expensive it would be, I will take it if I can be satisfied. Living condition is a really important to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment