Oct 31, 2012

TED talks 2

I would like to introduce the TED talks again today.

Jane McGonigal: Gaming can make a better world
http://www.ted.com/talks/jane_mcgonigal_gaming_can_make_a_better_world.html

This presentation was taken by Jane McGonigal who is a game designer.
Why I'm into this presentation rely on following reasons.

At first, she has a new perspective.
She is suggesting we should play games more often and explaining why we should do so.
Actually I don't play games. I think spending more time for playing games would be wasted.
(There may be many people who have the same opinion.)
However, I could receive her suggestion because she didn't tell us to just play games.
She said that the gamers who have spent more than 10,000 hours on playing games are experts.
So to speak, there are great numbers of experts at something all over the world.
I really consent to her way of thinking and it's very important to consider the negative factor as possitive.
We can contemplate what or how to use them in.
She could find out several solutions but there might be other ideas.

Secondly, the construction of her presentation was very excellent.
I could listen to her speaking very naturally.
I think I want to follow her way of presentation.

Moreover, you can see another presentation made by her, titled "The game that can give you 10 extra years of life".
I like it too and it's also astonishing.
Please check it by yourself.

Jane McGonigal: The game that can give you 10 extra years of life
http://www.ted.com/talks/jane_mcgonigal_the_game_that_can_give_you_10_extra_years_of_life.html

No comments:

Post a Comment